POSITION: Mobility Specialist: Travel Trainer
PROGRAM: Mobility Management: Ride Smart Travel Training for the Washington Metropolitan Area
HOURS: Up to 10 hours per week for Travel Training – Grant-funded through March 30, 2018. Future employment dependent upon receipt of future grant funding.
Be familiar with public transportation services in the Greater DC area and able to provide two-part group training for adults, age 50 and older, who are potential new users of public transportation.
Be a motivated, self-starter who helps ensure that JCA’s performance meets or exceeds contracted goals. Assist with reporting.
Work closely with the Senior Director, Center for Information Services and fellow staff in meeting overall goals of the program.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in gerontology, social work or a related health or human service field
- At least three years’ experience as a workshop group trainer in a classroom setting or adult education
- Experienced Travel Trainer preferred
- Knowledge of public transportation in the Washington metropolitan region, and willingness to become expert in the region’s various local public transit systems as needed in order to provide group training
- Demonstrate superior presentation skills and ability to facilitate training sessions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with diverse groups of people
- Accurate record keeping for statistical information including written service requests (intake forms) as needed
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint), and ability to master hardware and software as needed for the job. Database training provided, as needed
- Capable of prioritizing and organizing work efficiently and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Access to transportation and willingness to travel within the Washington metropolitan region
To receive a full job description, or to send cover letter and resume, email Harriet Block at email@example.com.
JCA believes in equal opportunity for all workers, regardless of age, and that 50+ workers should have a level playing field in their ability to compete for and obtain jobs. Recognizing the value of experienced workers, we have proudly signed the AARP “Work Reimagined Pledge” — a promise to recruit across diverse age groups and to consider all applicants on an equal basis as we hire for positions within our organization.